8Dio Annual Stand Out Contest 2016
8Dio Stand Out Composer Contest
8Dio Annual Stand Out Contest with over +$25,000 in prizes.
We have decided to extend the submission deadline (on popular demand) till December 20th, read more about it here.
We are delighted to announce our amazing line-up of guest judges for this years stand-out contest, including Mason Levy (ex. Justin Bieber, Maroon 5, Mat Kearney etc), Blake Neely (ex. Blindspot, Supergirl, Flash, Arrow etc) Jeff Pfeiffer (Mr. Trailer himself), Paul Haslinger (Tangerine Dream, Cheaters, Far Cry) and Christopher Tin (X-men, Civilization, Sausage Party, ect)
The 8Dio Annual Stand Out Contest showcases the most innovative musical talents of composers, producers, songwriters, DJs and sound designers around the world. During the competition selected submissions are showcased to our highly active SoundCloud community (+476k followers), Facebook (+78k followers), Instagram (+8k followers), Snapchat (+3k followers) etc.
You never know who is watching and listening! You never know, you may get noticed, maybe even get a gig.
- Platinum – $15,000 Voucher to 8Dio.com #
- Gold – $6,000 Voucher to 8Dio.com #
- Silver – $2,500 Voucher at 8Dio.com #
- Bronze – $1,500 Voucher at 8Dio.com #
To participate, compose an original piece of music no longer than 5 minutes that highlights at least one of our 8Dio instruments. This contest is all about YOU. What do you sound like? What is in your heart and soul that translates to your brain into your fingertips and into sonic glory? What makes you “STAND OUT”?
How to enter the 2016 8Dio Stand Out Contest
- Compose an original piece of music, that highlights at least one of our 8Dio instruments. Your composition can use other instruments (ex. we love hearing live instruments, voices etc).
- Upload your entry to Soundcloud (Make sure to mention which 8Dio instrument was used in the “description” box and to label the track as “8Dio 2016 Stand Out Contest Submission: “Name of Track” by Your Name)
- Send a public link to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Email subject: “8Dio 2016 Stand Out Contest Submission: “Name of Track” by Your Name)
- Include your favorite thing to do (besides making music) – which we will use when we post your submission on our social media (ex. Facebook, Twitter)
- The submission deadline is December 1 2016 at 11:59 PM PST.
- Important: We don’t require specific styles of music – in fact we embrace true originality. Don’t try to be anyone else but … you.
- Really important: We totally meant what we wrote above. The last thing we want is a million poor renditions of Hans Zimmer. Let you be you and Hans be Hans.
- Share your track on at least one social platform, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Judges will be announced.
Terms & Conditions (Please read all details carefully before submitting)
- The contest begins on September 27th, 2016 and only submissions sent to email@example.com will be accepted.
- All contestants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Contestants are allowed only one entry total. Each entry must be the sole work of a single contestant; no collaborations will be accepted.
- Submissions may not exceed the time limit of 5 min listed in the description above. Submissions may be less, but not over the listed time limit. Any submission exceeding the time limit will be rejected.
- All submissions must use and highlight at least one 8Dio product. The contestant must be the owner of that license.
- All submissions must use Soundcloud’s mp3 format. Submissions will not be accepted in any other format. Please do not send mp3, zip, .sit, etc. files. All submissions must be entered as “8Dio 2016 Stand Out Contest Submission: “Name of Track” by “Your Name”.
- Current or former employees of Tonehammer, 8Dio Productions or its suppliers, representatives, and agents, their immediate families, and/or members of their households, are not eligible to enter.
- Prize winners are responsible for all federal, state and local taxes.
- If we are unable to make contact with a winner within 14 days, a new winner will be chosen.
- By accepting a prize, all winners agree that 8Dio Productions, their affiliates, and all of the officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents of 8Dio Productions, will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by winner for any liability for any injury, loss or damages of any kind, to winner or other persons, including (without limitation) injuries, loss or damages arising out of or relating to death, and, injuries, damages or losses to property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize or participation in this contest. Any of the freebie instruments that 8Dio has given away for free in the past (for example the TryPacks, Glass Marimba) count, no purchase necessary.
- By submitting, you agree that your name, your composition and your picture and/or any other information you provide might be randomly selected and posted on any online Forum, on Facebook, Soundcloud, on Twitter and/or any other online and/or print medium.
- By accepting a prize, all winners agree that 8Dio Productions may post his/her name on the company webpage and in any and all media, including future advertising or publicity, without further consideration, unless prohibited by law.
- 8Dio Productions takes no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Sending an email is not proof that we have received your entry. Also, entries sent in any form except for the form specifically described, shall be deemed to be invalid/ not received.
- 8Dio Productions reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest, reject any entry, or make any revisions to the official rules as we deem necessary. Winners will be selected at our discretion based on the quality of the composition and the quality of the production.
- All submissions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 1, 2016 at 11:59 PM PST. Any entries received after this date will not be entered in the contest.