Sequential Prophet X
- Shipping included within US/EU/CANADA
- Sequential Prophet X Hardware Synth
- Samples-Plus-Synthesis Hybrid Synthesizer
- 16-Voice Stereo Analog Filters
- Ultra-Low Latency. Instant load time
- 150GB Factory Sample Content (+330.000 Samples)
- Advanced Sample and Prophet Synth Engine
- 512 Core Programs
- 512 User Programs
- 512 Add-On Programs
- Custom Add-Ons Available exclusively from 8Dio
- User Sample Import - Available Now
- California Residents subject to 7.5% Tax (Calc. after purchase)
- This product is exempt from any promotional discounts
- Shipping Now!
Sequential Prophet X
The Prophet X is a potent fusion of samples and synthesis, and is Dave Smith’s most ground-breaking evolution of the Prophet yet. At its heart, it is a bi-timbral, 8-voice stereo (16-voice mono) synth with a newly developed sound engine that powers two simultaneous 16-bit, 48kHz sample-based instruments plus two high-resolution digital oscillators, all processed through true stereo analog filters. The Prophet X contains over 150 GB of internal samples from Academy Award winning sample developers 8Dio and thousands of deep-sampled instruments. With all the powerful synthesis tools you’ve come to expect from Dave, the Prophet X has a musical voice uniquely its own.
On the sample side of things, the Prophet X provides two independent, stereo, digitally sampled instruments per voice (4 in Stack or Split mode). You’ll find a diverse collection of acoustic and electronic instruments as well as plenty of edgy, ambient, and cinematic effects. You can shape the samples through loop manipulation, sample stretching, and the Prophet X’s sound-sculpting modulation functions. Each sample instrument has its own tone control for high-pass or low-pass filtering. Fifty gigabytes of additional internal storage is dedicated to importing external sample libraries. Add-on sample packs are available, and you can import your own samples as well.
On the synth side, the Prophet X gives you the power of a classic Prophet, with two high-resolution digital oscillators that feature both classic waveshapes and a supersaw for more timbral possibilities. Using the Shape Mod control, you can manually dial in a desired waveshape width for any of the classic sine, sawtooth, or pulse waves, or use an LFO or other mod source for continuously shifting timbre. You can shape the raw sounds with all the classic synthesis functions you’d expect, including 4 LFOs with slew and phase offset, 4 loopable five-stage envelope generators, and a 16-slot mod matrix with dozens of modulation sources and destinations.
READ MORE READ LESS
ARTS, SPECS AND REQS
- 2 multi-sampled stereo instruments per voice with editable sample start, sample end, loop size, and loop center, loop on/off, sample reverse, and sample stretch
- 150 GB of factory-installed 16-bit, 48 kHz sampled instruments created by 8Dio. An additional 50 GB of samples can be added by purchasing additional sound libraries. User sample support is now available.
- 2 digital oscillators per voice with selectable sine, sawtooth, pulse, and supersaw waves. You can vary the shape of any of the waveshapes.
- Glide (portamento): separate rates per oscillator; (samples can glide in Sample Stretch mode)
- Hard sync
- 2 x analog 4-pole resonant low-pass filter per voice
- Digital high-pass filter in Effects section
- 4 loopable, five-stage (ADSR plus delay) envelope generators: Filter, VCA, and two assignable
- Polyphonic step sequencer with up to 64 steps (6 notes per step), and ties and rests
- 4 LFO’s with key sync, phase offset, and slewing per LFO
- 16-slot modulation matrix
- 28 sources
- 88 destinations
- 11 additional dedicated sources: mod wheel, pressure, velocity, breath controller, footswitch, LFO 1, LFO 2, LFO 3, LFO 4, Env 3, Env 4
- Fully-featured arpeggiator with up, down, up+down, random, assign modes
- Selectable note value: 16th note, 8th note triplet, 8th note, dotted 8th note, quarter note
- One, two, or three octave range
- Re-latching arpeggiation
- Note repeat
- 2 digital effects on each layer. Effects include: stereo delay, BBD delay, chorus, flanger, phaser, vintage rotating speaker, distortion, high-pass filter, spring reverb, plate reverb
- 5-octave keyboard with semi-weighted action, velocity, and channel aftertouch
- 56 knobs and 50 buttons enable deep and comprehensive editing with minimal menu diving.
- Spring-loaded pitch wheel and assignable mod wheel
- 512 Factory Programs (4 banks of 128) and 512 fully editable User Programs with 2 layers (2 separate sounds) in each Program
- MIDI In, Out, Thru
- USB MIDI
- Sample import jack for USB Stick
- Main stereo audio output: 2 x 1/4″ phone (TS, unbalanced)
- Output B stereo audio output: 2 x 1/4″ phone (TS, unbalanced)
- Pedal/CV: responds to expression pedals or control voltages ranging from 0 to 5 VDC (protected against higher or negative voltages.
- Volume: responds to expression pedals or control voltages ranging from 0 to 5 VDC (protected against higher or negative voltages.
- Sustain pedal input: accepts normally on or normally off momentary footswitch.
- Sequencer: accepts normally on or normally off momentary footswitch to trigger sequencer playback.
- Headphone output: 1/4″ stereo phone jack.
- IEC AC power inlet for internal power supply
- Operates worldwide on voltages between 100 and 240 volts at 50 to 60 Hz
- Power consumption: 25 watts maximum
PHYSICAL SPECS / DIMENSIONS
- Dimensions: 38.44″ L x 13.53″ W x 4.13″ H (97.6 cm L x 34.3 cm W x 10.9 cm H)
- Weight: 24 lbs
- The Last Prophet 5
- Sequential T8
- Jupiter 4
- The Prodigy
- Model D
- Juno 60
- Estonia Grand Piano
- Yamaha Grand Piano