FREE Home is our 5th Community Driven Project, a collaboration between the community and 8Dio. With this project, we aim to keep a positive perspective on the current world situation, and we want to hear your perspective through samples using everyday items like musical instruments, synthetic instruments, or obscure objects. Wherever you are in the world, we want you to translate how you are feeling into recordings.
The 8Dio team will provide 50% of all the samples in the library, and the community will provide the rest, and everyone that participates in FREE Home will receive the finished library for FREE. All we ask is that you create 5 of the most healing homely sounds you can produce and send them to us! 8Dio will then edit, program, and design the entire library, which you will receive for FREE on once finished!
How Does The Collaboration Work?
FREE Home will be similar to our other community collaborations, such as Free You, Free Angels, Free Radicals, and Free ASMR. It will feature a range of sounds submitted from the 8Dio community as well as sounds created by the 8Dio team. The sounds will then be curated, packaged, and gifted as a full library to everyone that participated.
How Do I Get Involved?
Getting involved is easy; all you need to do is follow the guidelines below and record five sounds that encapsulate what you are feeling.
- Submissions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: FREE Home Entry – [Full Name]
- Submissions must include 5 or more sounds from your home.
- Files must be .wav, 24bit, 48kHz, Stereo or Mono.
- Include a little backstory for each sound – for example, what inspired you, where and how did you record each sound, how does each sound make you feel?
- Files should be named in the following format FREEHOME_[CreatorName]_[SoundName].wav
- If applicable, the Pitch/Key and Tempo of the sound should be included in the filename e.g FREEHOME_JohnSmith_RainGuitar_C_120bpm.wav
- The recordings can be as short, or as long as you like. We recommend submitting varying lengths and styles of sounds if possible.
- You can use any post-processing and sound design you would like to truly bring your creations to life. Please feel free to EQ, Process, DeNoise, add Effects etc. as required.
While not required, we encourage all participants to video and upload their adventures. If you do, please make sure to tag us and use the following hashtags (#FREEHOME #8Dio), as well as include a link to your video in your e-mail submission.
Remember to stay safe.
Submission deadline: 05/01/2020