- Kontakt VST / AU / AAX
- Also Available in Soundpaint for $20 with 127 Dynamic Layers
- Deep-Sampled Progressively Destroyed Double Bass
- Multi-sampled Tonal Patches
- Multi-sampled Percussive Patches (up to 10 RR)
- Multi-sampled FX patches – LOTS of them
- Tempo-Synced BPM Grooves
- Keyboard Controlled Live FX
- New Front-Faced FX & Chaos FX Engine
- Product is only available as Direct Download
- Kontakt 5.8.1 Full Retail (or later) Required
Bass Sampled to Destruction
Welcome to The Basstard, an instrument focused on recording the gradual destruction of a full-scale orchestral bass. The library contains four core categories of sounds: “Tonal”, “Percussive”, “FX” and “Grooves”.
The tonal category covers traditional multi-sampled articulations like plucked, staccato, rubber mallet on strings, regular drumstick on strings, fork on strings, and other tools that could be used for tonal sampling. The percussive category contains a variety of heavy round-robin based articulations, playing the instrument like a drum kit (containing 6-10 round robin articulations). The FX category has a gruesome number of effects such as bowing the bass with a baseball bat, using a power drill on the strings, recording sustained notes from it, and actually power-drilling the bass and reconfigureing the instrument, separating its neck from its body and essentially reassembling the instrument in horrible ways. The Groove category contains unique tempo-synched grooves recorded at several core tempos (80, 90, 100, 110, 120, 130, 140).
The result is a deep-sampled instrument that pushes the concept of orchestral bass into a more dark, gritty, percussive and disturbing territory.
READ MORE READ LESS