- Kontakt VST / AU / AAX
- Also Available in Soundpaint ($20) with 127 Dynamic Layers
- 2 Microphone Positions (Close & Far)
- Bowed Sustains and Arced Swells Multi-Samples
- Plucked and Tapped Multi-Samples (6-8 RR)
- Deep-Sampled Phrase Samples
- New Bow-Stroke Emulation and Presets
- New Front-Faced FX and Back-Sided Chaos FX 3.4
- New Textural Convolution Reverbs
- Delivered by Download
- Kontakt 5.8.1 Full Retail (or later) Required
Custom Bass. 38 Strings
Welcome to the Bazantar by Mark Deutsch.
The Bazantar is a custom five-string acoustic bass, fitted with an additional twenty-nine sympathetic strings and four drone strings. It has a melodic range of over five octaves, with a sympathetic range of four octaves. This results in an interplay between melodic, sympathetic, and drone strings which weaves an unexpected landscape of resonance that is remarkably rich in texture.
The Bazantar contains over 2,700 samples divided into two main categories: Multi-samples and phrase-samples. The multi-samples consist of plucked and bowed representations, with and without vibrato, with up to 10 round robins per note, as well as dynamic sustains/swells. We phrase-sampled Mark Deutsch playing the bass traditionally and with backside of the bow (Col Legno).
We added a variety of controls (ex. pedal volume, release volume, noise reduction, EQ) a visual velocity editor, and a great selection of convolution reverbs and convolution effects. The instrument was recorded in a rich church environment with two sets of microphones (close/internal and ambient/player), so users can adjust the sound to their liking.
READ MORE READ LESS