Forgotten Voices Cait
- Kontakt VST / AU / AAX
- 2,287 samples. 0.8GB
- Sanskrit, Vedic, Persian, & Middle Eastern phrases
- Cait Songs
- Chants/Rhythmic Chants
- Mouth Noises
- Bonus Ambience banks by Steve Tavaglione
- Bonus Presets
- Kontakt 5.8.1 Full Retail (or later) Required
- Delivered by Download
Indian, Balkan, & Celtic Songs
Cait McWhir, originally hailing from Ireland, draws her inspiration from almost 20 years of exploration with Indian, Balkan, Middle-Eastern, and Celtic vocal styles. She has an incredible versatility, allowing her to freely cross between conventional folklore, ancient Sanskrit chants, Vedic mantras, and free improvisation in self-made languages.
Forgotten Voices: Cait contains over a thousand different vocal phrases, covering over 15 hours of recorded material, with a functional and familiar user interface. The phrases are organized into categories such as Sanskrit change, Lullabies, and free Improvisational phrases. Cait also contains a large set of vocal ambiences by Steven Tavaglione. These unique ambiences are an amazing addition to the library, made from the voice of Barbary Grant’s voice to complement Cait’s voice and combined. Each of these ambiences uses the mod-wheel to sculpt the tone and intensity of her sound.
The mod-wheel controls the sample starting point, so users can trigger off-set anywhere they want in the phrases. The pitch bender allows you to time-stretch or compress the phrase. Special key-switching also allows you to adjust to root pitch of all phrases in a patch by up to +/- 3 semitones. The combination between sample off-set control, root pitch control, and time-stretch allows users to seamlessly morph different phrases together, which brings endless possibilities for creating new phrases.
Cait McWhir is also featured on the double Grammy award-winning album: “Calling All Dawns” by composer Christopher Tin. Chris discovered Cait through the 8DIO Forgotten Voices library.
READ MORE READ LESS
New Custom UI
Forgotten Voices: Cait contains an all-new, yet familiar user-interface, allowing you to access the wealth of phrases in the library quickly and easily. The New user-interface also contains a range of effects, mix, and EQ. The upgrade includes a range of custom presets and TM Pro patches which sync the phrases to your DAW.
Custom Vocal Ambiences and Presets
Forgotten Voices: Cait contains a unique set of custom vocal ambiances designed from her voice. These patches work perfectly in combination with the original phrases or can be used separately to enrich your score.
Cait contains our custom Chaos FX system, which allows you to do virtually anything you desire. You can create a step-based filter sequence, precision dial EQ, bit-crush & distort, stereo delay, or mess around with dual convolution reverbs.
ARTS, SPECS AND REQS
- Improvisational phrases in self-made language(s) divided into several categories
- Sanskrit & Vedic Chants
- Persian / Middle Eastern inspired phrases
- Balkan inspired phrases
- Gaelic/Celtic inspired phrases
- Devotional phrases
- Romantic phrases
- Hopeful chanting
- Frantic and Mournful chanting
- High pitched (airy/girly) chanting
- Rhythmic chanting
- Witch Incantations
- Vocal percussion FX (ex. vocal shakers, clacks, click, chhh etc)
- Bonus: Vocal ambient banks by Steven Tavaglione
New FX Engine 3.3
- Instant CHAOS (randomize over 1500 parameters)
- Phaser & Flanger
- Degrader/Distortion (Bit Crusher)
- Filter LFO
- Convolution Reverb
- Transform (Alternative Convolution Reverb)
- Modwheel control of filter and others
- Full Retail version of Kontakt 5.8.1 or later required
- Not compatible with the free Kontakt Player
- Forgotten Voices: “Cait” requires 1.9 GB of hard drive space
- Minimum: 4 GB RAM. 8 GB of RAM or more is highly recommended