- Deep sampled (metallic) Seahorse
- Delivered by Download
- Recorded with brushes, fingers, sticks
- Recorded with sticks, plucks, scrapes
- Recorded with wobbles, spins, strikes
- Water bubble FX
- Additional bonus pads/drones
- Kontakt 5.8.1 Full Retail (or later) Required
Swimming all the way from Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point), Mexico to the San Francisco Bay, this unique and manually chiseled hanging metallic seahorse was shaped from carbon-infused sheet metal. Its vivid metallic colors were applied by firing mineral powders directly onto the solder.
Seahorses hide in mangrove stands, coral reefs, and sea grass meadows where they remain camouflaged by deep brown and grey patterns, blending into the sea grass. While seahorses turn vivid colors in surprising surroundings and social situations, this seahorse wiggled and squirmed until finally yielding its metal and bell-like resonances. The fins, tail, and body create bright harmonics, nostalgic of banging on trash cans, delicate clinks, plunking kalimbas, and deep marimbas. The Kontakt instruments range from single articulations to master patches of similar sounds.